Volunteers Have a Responsibility to:
1. Treat everyone fairly within the context of their activity, regardless of gender, place of origin, colour, sexual orientation, religion, political belief or economic status.
2. Direct comments or criticism at the performance rather than the person.
3. Consistently display high personal standards and project a favourable image of basketball and volunteering.
a) Refrain from public criticism of fellow volunteers, athletes and officials.
b) Abstain from the use of tobacco products and drinking alcoholic beverages while in the presence of children.
c) Refrain from the use of profane, insulting, harassing or otherwise offensive language in the conduct of his/her duties.
4. Through proper risk management practices ensure that the activity being undertaken by both volunteers and participants is suitable for the age, experience, ability and fitness level of the individual and educate them as to their responsibilities in contributing to a safe environment.
5. Take the personal initiative to learn, respect, communicate and adhere to the rules and regulations established for the game of basketball.
6. Regularly seek ways of increasing professional development and self awareness.
7. Treat members of other sport organizations with respect, both in victory and defeat and encourage all participants to act accordingly.
8. Actively encourage all participants to uphold the rules of basketball and the spirit of such rules.
9. Attend to the volunteer duties, as directed, in a timely manner.
10. Communicate and cooperate with the parents or legal guardians, involving them in management decisions pertaining to their child’s development.