01 Jan Top 5 Reasons to Play Basketball
Here are 5 reasons your children will benefit from playing basketball:
- Teamwork – learning how to work with others towards a common goal is a critical life skill that a team sport such as basketball instills.
- Physical fitness – playing basketball on a regular basis improves coordination & speed, as well as improving strength & cardiovascular health. Ball handling & dribbling also improve fine motor skills.
- Mental – basketball requires & develops critical thinking & problem analysis skills.
- Cost – in general, basketball allows kids to experience the benefits of team sports without incurring the prohibitive costs of sports that require a lot of equipment. A good pair of shoes & a ball & you are good to go!
- Fun! Enough said! Time to get out there & play!